PTL (Parent-Teacher-League) is an organization of school parents, teachers, and friends who are committed to the support of the school. The PTL is dedicated to enriching and enhancing our students' academic, social, and spiritual education at Family of Christ Christian School. One of the primary functions of PTL is to organize events. PTL also helps to bring together home, church, and school. They meet regularly with the elected officers and the Principal to plan a program of activities.
Each family is required to pay annual PTL dues of $50.00 and to participate in helping our school. This is expected in the form of volunteer hours. Each volunteer will be responsible for logging in his or her own hours so that PTL may maintain an accurate record. Donated items cannot be substituted for volunteer hours.
Parent-Teacher League Volunteer Hours
Every family attending Family of Christ Christian School is required to perform 20 hours of volunteer work annually or pay $12.50 per volunteer hour for hours not met. The PTL will send every family a semi-annual statement.
All volunteer hours are to be recorded in the Volunteer Log located at the front desk in Building 3. Acceptable volunteer opportunities include:
- Open House
- Classroom Volunteers
- Night of Knights
- Book Fairs
- Field Day
- Christmas/Spring Performances
- PTL Meetings
- Homeroom Parents - coordinate homeroom activities and schedule volunteer hours with the classroom teacher
- Additional opportunities as mentioned in the School Newsletter
Volunteering is very important. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Volunteering sets a good example for our children
- Volunteering helps keep Family of Christ Christian School an excellent learning environment for our children
- Volunteering helps parents and students develop pride and respect for Family of Christ Christian School